Monday, December 28, 2009

selectCheckboxes and commandbuttons in Sales Force

Through a lot of trial and error I discovered that the use of selectCheckboxes in Apex code built for disabled all command buttons on the page from executing their code, even though they still posted back to the server.

It was a very odd thing and was easily fixed by changing to selectOptions which is what I needed instead of checkboxes anyway. I am hoping that I had some sort of error in my code that caused the issue, I am sure that others have used selectCheckboxes just fine before.

My guess is that some sort of syntactical error that Eclipse didn't catch is what caused the issue, however since it is gone now I do not plan on digging further into the matter.

Starting Classes

I have finally started classes in AIT for the MOS 25S.
So far we have crammed through basic electronics which I got 100% in.
Next we will be learning some of the more specialized equipment.