Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Open Cart upgrade

During a site upgrade of Open Cart from version 4 to version 6 I ran into some problems.  There were of course the normal issues going between two major versions, but I was finally able to overcome those by upgrading first to version 1.4, then to 2.0.

However, I ran into two unexpected issues after successfully reaching version 6.  The first: I was trying to install the pavilion theme and kept running into odd errors.  I was able to resolve these by upgrading to the latest version of the pavilion theme, apparently pavilion does not have its supported version numbers quite up-to-date yet.

The second issue was an unexplained javascript error "Unexpected end of input OK".  I scoured the web, and tried every known fix out there, but none of them worked.  Finally a post here gave me the needed suggestion to turn on error displaying, which is a setting found in the store settings.  Once that was turned on I got an error written to the screen that made a lot more sense and told me I had forgotten to include a new constant variable in the config file.  I fixed that and everything was working good again.

Note: in the settings table is a new category type column called code I believe.  This new column needs to be updated with the values from the old column, none of the upgrade scripts do this.

2 comments:

Meg Learman said...

Hi - this is random, I know, and not in any way related to code. I was doing some research on Ancestry.com, though, and found (if I'm contacting the correct person) a Guenther Family Tree that includes my grandfather, Paul Herman Learman. I was excited to check out additional info on my Grandpa...but I think you have the wrong Paul in your tree. My grandfather had one sister, Mabel, and different parents than the ones you have listed. My family has the documentation on our Paul Learman (his son was my dad) so I know what I have is accurate. I know how complicated family history research can be, so wanted to let you know before you went off down a rabbit hole that was the wrong one. Cheers!!

Jeremy said...

Hi Meg, you got the right Guenther. Could you contact us through our family tree website? https://sites.google.com/site/guentherfamilyhistory/ We would love to verify our information and correct it if it is wrong.