Friday, September 5, 2008

Google Down?

I just rebooted my computer and one of the first apps I started back up was Google's Chrome browser.  And this is the screen I saw:


After getting over the initial shock of google's website being down I refreshed the page and life was good again.  I didn't believe their site would actually go down so easily so I tried to recreate the problem.  I found I got the error if I disabled my network connection so apparently the network drivers just hadn't loaded yet or were over loaded when Chrome tried to connect.

I do think it would be nice if Chrome were smart enough to know if it were actually connected to the net or not before suggesting to me that a site is down.  Or at least change the message so it says it couldn't connect to it rather than alude that the site itself is having issues.

No comments: