Monday, January 12, 2009

Copy and Paste from Excel to MS Access says corrupt clipboard

I was trying to copy a massive amount of information from MS Excel 2007 to MS Access 2007.

After going through all the standard troubleshooting like rebooting and making sure all versions were compatible, I mentioned the issue to my co-worker.  Fortunately for me my co-worker had already experience and spent time figuring out the issue; when I heard what the problem was I was glad he was the one who did the leg work figuring it out.  I didn't do that much work with Excel and Access so I wasn't sure when the problem had begun.

Turns out a relatively recent Microsoft Excel security update ( KB958437)  was the culprit.  As soon as I got that uninstalled copy and paste between the two apps started working again.

3 comments:

  1. For work with excel files and similar type files I often use next tool-Excel file corrupted,because it helped myself many times,has free status as far as I remember,and utility can try Excel repairs manually, by retyping all documents, but it is time consuming, you can spend many days for this purpose, when Excel file has corrupted,tool for Excel repairing is very easy to use, when Excel file corrupted, it has only several buttons and functions for Excel document repair: open file, start its analysis, preview of recovered contents and export of recovered data into a new document in Microsoft Excel format,allows to perform all steps and take a look into recovered contents of this file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem was a little different, but if I have a corrupted file I'll keep the site in mind.

    The site does seem a little suspicious though, it feels to simple for a site hosting such complex tools. I could find anything bad about it with a quick Google, if anyone else has experience with it please post your findings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of good programs and one of them pleased me. It to my surprise decided all my old problems with damaged excel files. Perhaps it will help in similar conditions, for example in this - recover Excel.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts, I love hearing what you got out of the post. Spam comments will be removed.