Sunday, August 15, 2010

Google Chrome Incognito Doesn't load GMail

I just had an interesting issue.
for some reason gmail stopped working in google chrome. It still worked great in the regular browser, but as soon as I went incognito I would get a blank screen.

I found the answer at the linked google forum site. It was very basic and something I would expect and try instantly in Internet Explorer, but I have never had the issue in Chrome. Turns out all I needed to do was clear the browsing history and cache. A simple fix and I am glad that was all it turned out to be, at the same time that's a trick that IE pulls; Chrome is supposed to be better than that. However, that is the first time ever that I have had that issue, hopefully it doesn't become a habit of it.

Edit: apparently that only fixed the issue for a short period. A few minutes later it started having the issue again and I have been unable to get it fixed.

Edit2: well what do you know, a few days later it just started working again. Apparently google worked out the issue and sent out an update. It's good to know they are still working on it. I love this browser.

No comments: